Friday, July 25, 2008

Artist Feature - Amy

Our "Artists Features" are meant to give you a sneak peak of the kind of art/craft/original product you'll be able to find at SummerFest on August 9th! Check out our fun interview with Amy, who creates adorable original jewelry and bags...

Describe your art/craft: I create original handbags and purses and dabble in a little jewelry creation because I LOVE a little bling :)

How did you get started doing your art/craft? My mom sewed a lot while I was growing up. The very first bag I made was in my junior high home ec class. I made a bright red tote bag. I was given an A- because my stitches were not quite perfectly straight. I remember that my mom was adamant that I deserved an A+ :) If only Mrs. Neidt could see me now! :)

What makes your passionate about your art/craft? I love the whole process of envisioning, designing, and creating. But my favorite part is seeing the finished product and the sense of accomplishment that accompanies that.

How long have you been creating this art/craft? ooohh..a long time

What's your favorite thing about being an artist? To be honest, I've only recently started thinking of myself as an artist. I grew up thinking that artists' painted and drew. Now I know that art encompasses a vast spectrum of definitions and mediums. If something speaks to you on a deep level, or if you just find it beautiful or intriguing, chances are it's someone's art. I love creating!!

You can also check out more of Amy's work at: www.cayennepeppy.etsy.com and of course don't miss her booth at SummerFest on August 9th!

No comments: