Friday, July 25, 2008

Artist Feature - Shane

Our second artist feature is on Shane, who creates unique paintings. Check out what he had to share...

Describe your art/craft:
I would describe our art
as
bright and colorful,
with intentions to
make you smile.


What makes you passionate about your
art/craft? Watching the reaction of people
as they look at the
canvas, you start to see them turn their
heads and
look at all the different characters. Sometimes
you
will hear a 'this reminds me of so and so' I love the
smiles people make.


How long have you been creating this art/craft? I have
had this style since middle school... It's always
been just for fun, 'till a
couple of years ago I
submitted a design to the
'Diggin Dino's' promotion...
and m
y wife Kelly and I got chosen to do complete the statue
and it turned out awesome. ...it was very exciting when we
got the extremely positive feedback.


Where do you find your inspiration? I am inspired by my kids.
Especially my 3 1/2 year old son Dylan. He is always
pointing
out different things with our paintings. It's fun to know he
enjoys them. I feel my paintings stimulate his
mind because
they are so colorful, and the characters fit together like a
puzzle. Our 9 month old daughter Kiera even
stares at the
paintings. Soon enough she will pointing things out to us.

Thanks Shane! Don't miss his work at SummerFest on August 9th!

No comments: